How to install Unreal Engine 4.27.2 without epic launcher and without visual studio?

Heya, I wanted to try game developing, but I have less than 1GB on my C drive, therefore I can’t:

• Install the Epic Launcher, even though I told it to install to another drive.
  • Install Visual Studio 2017, even though I told it to install to another drive.

Because despite telling these programs to install to another drive, they still insist on putting more than a gigabyte of data on my C drive.

Is there some other way to compile or download Unreal Engine? Will it need to put data on the C drive too?

I may have to just use a virtual machine to compile it or something, unless there’s an “easier” way.

The most simple way is just upgrade your C drive,SSD is really cheap now.
1GB free space is insame to do anything.

or your have a enought large C drive but dont know what’s filling up the hard drive.you can use some software like Treesize/Wizztree to find out and clean up.

In the end, I had to find ways to free up space. What I wound up doing is moving C:\Windows\Installer and C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to another drive and then making junctions in C:\Windows that point to them.

Freed up over 10 gigabytes that way.

My attempts to compile it in a virtual box failed. When attempting to launch it, I get the error

Failed to open descriptor file ../../../UE4Client/UE4Client.uproject

For future reference for anyone else who wants to attempt this:

• Make sure you put in the Commit.gitdeps.xml like the Release in their Github tells you to. The scripts need it to download files.

• You need both Visual Studio 2017 and 2019, and you need to install the recommended packages in both of them from both of their installers. (Game Development with C++, Unreal Engine Installer, NuGet Package Manager.)

• The reason for this is, the included scripts rely on finding these files in your 2017 installation, but the output of them cannot be built by 2017. So you have to open the UE4.sln in 2019 and continue following the instructions from there.

• Clean doesn’t clean up the “intermediate build code”, it deletes everything you’ve built, so don’t press that unless you want to build it again.

A neat tip for if you want to keep the source code and pass it around between your computers: Unpack it from the zip file and re-package it as a .rar file using WinRar. Set it to best compression, click the “Solid” checkbox, and give it a 1GB dictionary.

It’ll take forever to compress, but it’ll give you a little over 100mb rar file, and it extracts much faster than it took to compress it.

After going through all that, it won’t even launch, giving the error I mentioned above. So I just freed up the hard drive space and going to install it through the epic launcher like a normal person.