How to increase the rate of a 'Set timer by function' call?

I want to create a timer that will gradually increase the speed that it calls the function, so I made the following blueprint.

This currently just loops through 1-50 and stops (I printed the ‘timesCalled’ var and the eggs spawned once, and immediately printed 1-50).

How can I go about getting this desired behavior? I saw from other threads people talking about an approach that seems to be what i’m doing here, but I must be doing something wrong.

A timer will run once you set it up, if, you click the looping box.

But you’re resetting the timer every time around, you’re not actually using the timer at all.

If you want a repeating timer, that gradually gets faster, then something more like

2 Likes

You could use 2 timers:

Here, every 5s the Function Name would be called 10% more frequently. The 2nd timer should be initiated someplace else, ofc. Just an idea.

2 Likes

Ah i think this is actually a cleaner version of what I wanted to do - thanks for explaining why my BP wasn’t working as well. I really appreciate all the help, getting unstuck by you guys is helping me stay motivated to keep learning!

1 Like

Okay yeah this is exactly what I was trying to do, thank you so much I got this implementation working!