How to include plugin modules for coders to reference my API

I’m new to creating plugins. After a lot of work and headaches I managed to get my plugin working and callable in Blueprint, but I also want my library to be able to be referenced by C++ users. I’ve been doing some tests but I can’t seem to get the compiler to find my header files. I’ve tried he public, private, and classes folders. I’ve tried full-path includes. I don’t know how else to get this going. Any suggestions?

Under my experience, even if you manage to make it work, hot-reloading stops working so it’s basically worthless (at least that’s what happened to me in 4.5).

Take a look at the answer on this thread : https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/83155/cannot-find-dll-when-using-an-uobject-exported-via.html

I was in a similar situation a month ago and I ended moving all my code to a gameplay module.

Thank you so much for that! The world of plugin creation is a desolate one with very little information.

I’ll just have to create two separate releases - a plugin version for blueprinters and an install version for coders. I appreciate your help!