How to Import the Default Map?

Hey Community,
I wanted to edit the actual map of ark, not creating a new one, but if I navigate to
Maps , there is not the main-map, just “MainMenu”, “Shooter Entry” and “TestMap”

So where is the real one ? I want to extend it a little bit and add stuff O.o

,greetings

Hey, you can find the “TheIsland” map in the \Maps\TheIslandSubMaps\ folder.

I think at the moment you would have to recook(and upload) the whole map if you want to make changes to it.
Look out for the next devkit update as they announced a feature that should make this easier:

• Capability for mods to overwrite or add-to the ARK Island maps, which enables much more dynamic map mods (stackable too!)

oki i hope so :smiley: It would be great to make certain changes, like adding more water space and certain islands with special dino types to be found there :slight_smile:

oki i hope so :smiley: It would be great to make certain changes, like adding more water space and certain islands with special dino types to be found there :slight_smile:

does it already works? :slight_smile:

You’re going to need to be more specific than that…

-WM

i mean, can i finally edit the island easily?

The new DevKit has not been released. So, no.

-WM

okay, thank u :slight_smile:

It’s out now though! Hopefully ti will be as awesome as they claim. Would love to add new drops for Better Beacons Building Loot crates instead of remapping the level25_doubles.