How to import switch nodes for materials into UE5.03 from Maya

Hello!

I am trying to build a scene with a character that uses a switch node to change the color of shirt from within the rig using a switch node. I intend to use Unreal for the lighting and rendering process, but I am unable to import the material network, as is, from Maya because of the presence of a switch node in the materials.

Is there a workaround where I can import such materials without having to individually set up every asset with a split node?

I intend to use the Livelink for the lighting so it’s really just the materials that I need to import. Thanks for the help!

If it’s just the color of the shirt you’re wondering about, then you can use a material instance and change the color with a parameter.

1 Like

Hi!

Although, this is definitely helpful for an individual assest, I am looking for a solution where I can import from Maya natively or with minimal changes because of the amount of assets that will require material creation is huge and will take a lot of time.
But this is definitely a good place to start.

Thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there’s no way of importing from any third party product, whilst maintaining material references.

1 Like