How to import specific time range from Blender

Hello
After a lot of experimenting i have finally managed to import a skeletal mesh with an animation from Blender to UE4(frame 0 to 50). Now i would like to add more animations to my Charackter. In Blender have created a new animation behind my existing on the timeline(frame 50 to 100). Now i exported just the armature. If i import this in the UE Anim Window it imports the full Animation (frame 0 to 100) to my skeletal mesh as expected, but im wondering if there is a way to just import frame 50 to 100 or to cut off frame 0 to 50 in Unreal Engien Editor. I have noticed that i could specific a time segment on import but if specifiy frame 50 to 100 there it just imports 2 frames instead of 50. Any ideas?

your best bet with anims is to make a separate fbx file for each anim, using the time segment does work but some people do have issues with it

If you have one animation imported into UE4 and happy with it, there is no reason to not just make a new animation in blender and export then import to ue4 as a separate file. With blender you just have to go with whatever works. Good luck

I made multiple anims in single .blend and after export i separated individual takes with autodesk fbx converter, i always make sure to set import setting to import animated range so UE will crop animation to actual lenght. This way i can work on multiple anims and poses in single file and update them in just couple steps.

I just started on this today, but I’ve been using the Action editor to make separate animations. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Animation/Basics/Actions

I found it pretty confusing for the first few hours, but I think I’ve got a working system now. First time importing you import the full fbx, for animation updates I uncheck import mesh, and select the skeleton I already imported. This will make lots of duplicate animations, and its making a messy system for me, but its the best I’ve figured out so far.

that’s why i split animations from .blend with FBX converter, this way i can reimport just single animations also it is possible to export your rig alone to speed up the process. And when it comes to animating with blender i used to forget faking user for my anims so those got lost when closing blender also remember to bake key-frames before exporting so the animations match between blender and UE (i guess it is some interpolation issue)