How to import one static mesh in ue4

when i import fbx file then some files has single mesh and some have two or more meshes in it. and when i use that static mesh then two meshes arrive in blueprint. but i want to use only one. how to create only one mesh in blueprint.

311175-sm.png

If there are multiple meshes within the FBX, these will get imported into UE4. I’m not aware of any option to select from the meshes contained ine the FBX.
Make sure to uncheck the “Combine Meshes” import option. Then the meshes are imported as separate meshes, so you will at least be able to delete the unwanted ones.

I imported things after unchecked combine meshes. but still it have 2 or more meshes in it.

Do you create these meshes yourself? If so, in Blender, for instance, there’s a [Selected Objects] checkbox in the export window (I’m sure Maya/3DSMax/etc. must have something similar).

Another thing that might happen: it might be a single model. In Blender, I often duplicate my models for backup, but sometimes I forget to switch into object mode, so the original and the duplicate are actually the same object.

If you didn’t create this model and .FBX is all you have, as a last resort you can use a plugin called Modeling Tools Editor Mode and just edit your model in UE, like cut off a half of it. Just keep in mind the plugin is still in Beta and may be unstable.

Sure, you will still have multiple meshes after import, but the difference is, that these now are separate in content browser, so that you can handle them as separate meshes, using one and deleting the others.

Are you really sure, that the FBX has been exported from your modeling software from separate meshes? If I join my meshes in blender before the export, the cone and cylinder are still present and look like separate objects, but in fact, they are one single object only, even if their geometry looks separate.

I just made a quick example in blender:

Note, that there are 2 distinct Meshes Cone and Cylinder in the Collection layout. If meshes get joined, there’s only one object left after that operation.

Now exporting these as test.fbx. After reimport, this looks as follows in Content browser, where *test_Cone and test_Cylinder are the meshes created by importing with unchecked Combine Meshes option (note the separate meshes) and test is the mesh imported with active Combine Meshes option.

311178-l2.png

Now Creating a blueprint and adding a static mesh component. The following 3 image show the results in Blueprint Viewport. Two meshes are only present in the combined version.