How to import mesh with the pivot point at the same place that was in max

I see Trello is being abandoned. But feedback can be posted on the forum here for those that want to push this. https://forums.unrealengine.com/forumdisplay.php?24-Feedback-for-Epic

Trello hasnā€™t been abandoned. Itā€™s updated with the tasks that are being worked on, researched, or that are planned, but backlogged at the moment. For upvoting anything on the trello board youā€™ll need to create an account and log in.

While this is a high priority for a section of the user base (myself included), there is other areas of focus that the tools team has prioritized before this. I always urge anyone to leave feedback on the features they want or thoughts they have in the Feedback section. This is reviewed daily by the support staff along with other developers here at Epic.

Ah my bad, I was on the Trello Marketplace UE4 board, I think that one is being discontinued based on the notice, Right, I have found the right one now and voted on the Tools column for FBX import. Cheers

Right, that one is going away. For anyone else that may want to join in on the UE4 Road Map Trello they can go here: Trello

Hi, I just wanted to say that I am just about done with a plugin that will help with this problem. Right now it imports in the fbx file and retains itā€™s original pivot point. I also have a second part that has a blueprint construction script that rebuilds the individual static meshes into the original fbxā€¦with everything positioned and parented correctly. I hope to have it done this weekend. :slight_smile:

Sounds great ! The absence of this simple ā€œfeatureā€ is really unacceptable in a product like UE4.

Lookng forwards to that

How big studios handles this issue? I can not imagine that they will reassemble complex meshes twice. For me, as a layman, it should be a core featureā€¦

Hi Grizly, Iā€™m very interested in your plugin, is it available ?

Thanks

Feature Request: Setter & Getter for at least one pivot point per static mesh.

Hi, just wanted to update and let you know that I have a plugin done now that retains pivot point locations. You can check it out here:

link text

Hey guys any word on when this will be placed in the engine. It would be nice to build everything with in a Maya or Max and import everything without having to worry about pivots. Its kinda important. Im surprised that that so many people want this and even after 2 years its still not in the engine.

Hey guys any word on when this will be
placed in the engineā€¦

This is already in the Engine, check the 4.12 Unreal Engine 4.12 Released! release notes for New: Full Scene Importer. Itā€™s not perfect, but itā€™s definitely there. You only need to use Pivots when you want to define the origin of the mesh - No way around that.

Still nothing planned in the incoming ue4 versions (4.15 or .16) ? This workflow is totally insane, please add a real support of the Fbx file like unity does.
Regards,

Hlx

@hlx

Please read the accepted answer. It has been in for a while now. :slight_smile:

Hi ,

I donā€™t know what you refer about accepted answer but if itā€™s about the Full Scene Importer feature, the workflow is a little bit better when dealing with actorā€™s hierarchy but there is still the same issue : transform gizmo ignores local rotations of each component when set to local mode. There even an official UE issue tracking tagged as unresolved that relates this problem (Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-34494)).
So, this lack of UE feature donā€™t allow the user animating any actorā€™s hierarchy (in the sequencer for example) as in Unity. This workflow would make UE more User Friendly.
Thanks,

Regards

Hlx

its rediculous

Have UE4 solved this really usual problem now? It makes many people crazy!

@soyouare

So crazy in fact that we actually fixed this back in 4.12 in spring of last year. :slight_smile:

Just use the Import Option for Transform Vertex to Absolute and make sure itā€™s unchecked.

Hi @ and @soyouare,

Sorry to bring back a Necro-Post.
I saw and also tried your answer. but without any Succes ON UE4.14.2.

Import Settings

Pivot in Max

Pivot in UE4

Thanking,
Hitarth