How to import a tiled landscape?

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can do a tutorial of what you need to do to create a tiled landscape using World Composition. I have tried the standard Unreal walk-through for this and when I get to the point of importing the heightmaps, the import button never becomes available. I am obviously missing a step some where and would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Yeah I tried following that already but it isn’t working for me. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the Ark Dev Kit or something.

An update. I have found why it wasn’t allowing me to import (it was the resolution), but now when I import, they are all stacked up on top of each other vertically. It seems to have something to do with the level boundaries being loaded in as pretty small compared to the landscape tiles. Any ideas as to how to fix it? I will give what ever information I can.

It’s better to just import it as a single heightmap, then use the landscape move tool to move it into sub-levels later.

@wuulfee, did you ever find a solution for the terrains piling up on top of each other?

Seems like a dead topic - but - there is no solution unless you import each part and move it where it needs to be.
I have tested every known possible way, and, it ends with a giant stack of squares. Welcome to 4.5.1 :wink: Enjoy the broken ADK

This has been confirmed to be broken in the ADK (works fine in UE4) there are 2 ways to solve this, 1) Move the landscapes where they should be or as Nex suggested which is what we all have done, Import as a single landscape and use the move tool to create proxies