How to import a bunch of objects?

This meshes were instanced in 3dsMax scene, but they were imported as a SINGLE static mesh in UE4 and… Wait, just look at my screenshots again :confused:

If you want a tool that will do a lot of this for you you can try out my Unreal Tool Box script for 3ds . Here is a rundown of what the tool can do.

LightMap Unwarp for Light Map UV
*Auto flatten and set to channel 2

UCX Collision Creation
*Will make a single UCX collision box around your selection

Export Selection
*Will export your current selection
*Can also center your selection to 0,0,0 in he world.

Change Render

• Setups either scanline or mental ray rendering (Mental ray rendering has a bug right now)
  • Will auto adjust settings for best rendring results.

Render to Texture Setup

• Will set up projection mapping
  • Export to a unique place
  • Cage offset
  • Ray miss color

Render texture maps

• Renders Ambient and Normal Maps
  • One input mapping size

I have not had a chance to test this out in a live environment so there might be some bugs with it. To use it simply drag and drop the script into your 3Ds Viewport and the tool should just open up. Let me know if you have any problems with it and I will try and fix them. I built this using 3Ds 2012 and have not tried it out in 2014 but it should work as nothing I am doing in there is really crazy.

Cheers-

Samsterdam

The solution I was talking about was to import the objects individually, so they would each be an item in the content browser, so for instanced objects you would have one in the content browser and then place however many instances of that in your map. Those 3ds scripts allow you to copy the positions of your objects in 3ds and paste to UE4

Hi…Thanks for script.

But whenever I tried to run script it shows below error.

error.PNG

Hi…Thanks for script.

But whenever I tried to run script it shows below error.

error.PNG