How to get the Character's Vim Instance in Blueprint?

Hi,

I’m currently testing a bit more the Blueprint capabilities, unfortunately I’m a bit stuck. I’m trying to call an anim montage to play over the player inside a blueprint function of my Level Blueprint. Unfortunately I didn’t found any way to get this vim instance.

What could be the node to use between my Cast and my Montage play node ? And where can I found it ?

Hey Fabrice,

As long as your Blueprint is a character/pawn it should have the mesh variable. You just have to use that to get the Vim instance, which the function is called get anim instance. That will get the characters current vim instance.

Best Regards,

Ryan

Unfortunately, I’m not in a Vim Blueprint but in the Level Blueprint of my current level. So I don’t have a Mesh variable. Is there a way to get the Mesh variable of an actor ? Like a “Get Character Mesh” ?

Get Player Character → Get Mesh

Best Regards,

Ryan

I don’t have any “get mesh” function in my blueprint palette or right click. :frowning:

It’s only available from the character. You have to call ‘Get Player Character’ first then drag off from the return character variable.

Best Regards,

Ryan

Thanks !
I’m really not accustomed to this interactive blueprint…