How to get Texture coordinates from Line Tracing, in 4.13?

This is about the only documentation I can find on the subject.

Unreal Engine 4.13 Released!

TEXTURE COORDINATES FROM LINE TRACES

I set up a simple line trace from the camera, it can hit things and successfully report the ‘Face Index’. But I’m getting nothing for UV results, no matter what it looks at. How do I get texture/UV coordinates from the line trace?

If you look at the “Find Collision UV” nodes tooltip, it actually tells the answer. You need to go to your project settings and change “Support UV From Hit Results” on Engine - Physics - Default Physics Settings - Optimization.

If the author didn’t do it, the node won’t even show in the menus in BP Graph.

That’s not correct. The node would still show there. As far as I know, “context sensitive” on menus doesn’t take project settings into account.

Turns out you have to restart the editor after hitting the checkbox in physics settings. That’s not the case for many settings so it didn’t occur to me.

Works fine now.

Every time you change a setting that requires editor restart, editor will prompt you about it. There’s a small prompt in the bottom that says that changes need editor restart and ask if you want to restart now yes/no. You must have missed the prompt or just selected no by accident.

I didn’t. I just hit the checkbox, no prompt. Though I am getting an error/warning popup now that it needs to be checked.

Strange. Guess the editor was just glitched the first time I tried the function, and restarting it fixed the glitch.