How to get rid of the loading screen between rounds?

I have created and published a Zone Wars map.

The issue I am having is that there’s an extremely long loading time between rounds. To replicate the issue - the map code is 1963-9753-0060. Just build up high and fall down, or run into the storm to die. After this, the round ends and there’s a loading screen to the next round.

What I am curious about - is there a way to get rid of this loading screen?

The map does take up about 80k creative memory, but even when I created a duplicate island, without any props or buildings or anything, to test just the devices, it still had a loading screen.
I would have just accepted that it must be because of some limitation, but then I found a different Zone Wars map (6013-7804-4824) that does not have any loading screens and even advertises this 0 delay. How can something like this be replicated for my map to not have to wait between rounds?

1 Like

You have to make custom rounds and “fake” it. It adds some complexity and you have to take a lot of care to reset everything so the round is ok.

3 Likes

Thought that’s something along the lines of what others were doing. I am quite a beginner though, so I still don’t get how it would be realised. I’ve done my absolute best to look online, but I’ve found nothing that points in that direction. Are there particular devices I need to use? Or is it mostly in Verse?

The best way is with Verse for sure. Custom rounds are a really good way to go. It might take a bit to wrap your head around it, but well worth the time spent.

1 Like

We shouldn’t have to do custom rounds imo, I’m pretty sure the loading time can be improved on Epic’s side, my map had 20s loading time at a point.

While doing custom rounds can workaround that, it can also glitch your server silently and people would be able to join this glitched map, thus affecting the playtime of your map

Personally I don’t try to do it anymore, so many things can go wrong, just reset everything :+1:

I “Fake” rounds in multiple of my maps for the very reason of how bad the round change over time is. (You will literally loose players as they wait for the black screen to change over)

As long as you are clear on when the round will end (Time based / Objective based / etc) then I feel you can do better then the round system in place.

When I have things that need to get reset this is how I handle it: My GameManager (Verse device) will include a ResetTrigger editable variable that I Trigger in verse when I’m ready to do clean up. Then my devices I either want to disable or enable, item removers that need to take player items, portals that need to relocate players, all listen to the ResetTrigger. This simplifies the control flow of the state of your game loop.

You will of course have to handle resetting other things in an appropriate way as well. For example some of my verse devices will listen to a reset trigger (or have a Reset function that gets called by some other device directly) then the device will do something like clear an array or change a variable the is referenced to a player in a map, etc.

3 Likes

im not super verse savvy and to do this without code the player counter device will be your best friend but heads up it is quite a buggy device

I’m having this issue and I don’t use any verse. Is there any fix without it or am I stuck with the loading screen inbetween rounds?

[quote=“JotaGuinsoo [Hypeful], post:2, topic:1334548, username:JotaGuinsoo”]
have to make custom rounds and “fake” it. It adds some complexity and you have to take a lot of c
[/quote]

how do you do that

Has anyone found the solution?