How to get rid of crosshair?

To give more detail, i want to get rid of the cross hair in the third person mode but keep it in the first person mode, i have already made a key switch to get the movements and shooting and camera to switch between third and first but i cant figure out how to get rid of the cross hair in just third person mode.

I don’t see a crosshair in 3P, do you have a pic?

Set up your crosshairs class (FirstPersonHud in the template) with an on/off gate to the drawing of the crosshairs
(I flipped the flop so it turns it off the first time it is called, as it is on until called)
Create a custom event to be called whenever you want to flip it on or off.
(HideShow Crosshair in this example)

Then cast to it from wherever you’re controlling it, likely the character.

IMO that class is obsolete. UMG lets you do the same thing with vastly more flexibility.

In the FirstPersonHUD blueprint

In the character blueprint

Notice the OP said third person…

He’s using both.
“i have already made a key switch … between third and first but i cant figure out how to get rid of the cross hair in just third person mode.”

He is switching between first and third, but didn’t know how to remove the Crosshairs HUD from first person when he was in third.

Ah, yes… you’re right.

( but could be female :wink: )

awesome works great, thanks so much. my brain just explodes with all this information :slight_smile:

and i put it into my switch command for my view switch and it works like i wanted it too

Very true, and these days I should know to be more careful assuming… easy to get into trouble. :wink:

I’m glad it helps.