How to get Project to new parent working in Control Rig?

I’m trying to use Control Rig to control the head of my character. The problem is that I have a bone that is going in an off angle and I would like to use the angle of the control to do the animating. I tried using Project to New Parent node, and have even taken the controller and “Set initial transform from current” on it. then connected it up. But It doesn’t seem to be working the way I expected it would.

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated!

Never mind. I figured it out. Instead of Resetting the transform on the control, I needed to do it on the Joint!
This is what I was doing Project to New Parent.MP4 - Google Drive, but actually needed to do this on the joint instead and now it all works!

Say could you elaborate on what exactly the Project to New Parent is for and what it does…I can’t find anything anywhere that explains its purpose and yet the Third Person Template and Lyra both use it like candy.

algorithm:
child world matrix * old parent world inverse matrix = offset matrix between old parent and child
Offset matrix between old parent and child * new parent world matrix = new matrix that maintains old parent-child offset