How to get points from array

Hi like in question how to get points from array from part like on the picture

If you treat it like a 2d array, you can use XY coords:

It’s a matter of comparing rows. Fiddle with those, you’ll get any corner this way:

It does not matter how you generate the points… I did the above to demo only. The points sit ordered in an array, you can get row/column with modulo.

Yes, but I’d like to do it with generated vectors not with 2d grid macro. Plan is to get array vectors and then by bool sort them. Your Idea is one resolution but very expensive for my blueprint.

2×2 Grid?, Set 4 Collision Volumes…!

Make an actor with a integer variable, assign number to it, spawn on collision grids or your player can spawn at runtime randomly, now get overlapping actors of required collision grid, Get Location vectors or Cast to actual actor to Get number variable etc…

Same thing with a double loop. You do not need to spawn anything - store a vector if the row && column return True. You now have XY and if you know the spacing between them - you can get a vector. The Draw Debug point demonstrates that.

Instances are here just to visualise.

Other than that, you’d need to provide more data regarding what needs doing and what data the functionality needs piping in.

Good luck!

That requires you to have actual geometry and spawn stuff. OP wants data only…

Plan is to get array vectors and then
by bool sort them. Your Idea is one
resolution but very expensive for my
blueprint.

When you say get - does this mean you already have it?

So what data do you actually have at the moment? I was under the impression we’re building data. But you want to sort existing data? Could you clarify?

You screenshot shows ordered cell numbers, leaning towards XY coords - so what are we actually doing?

Perhaps I’m simply confused…

If you want to use trig, you could dot product direction against normalised vector coordinate. This will tell you if the point is behind or in front. If you then discard the dot products below .75, you’ll get a 90 degrees cone. Anything in that cone is valid.

I think this is the solution you’re after.

I think this is the solution you’re
after.

Image from Gyazo

You need to provide direction from the centre. If that’s not it, then I do not understand what’s needed. Sorry.

Great ! It’s what I was looking for. Thank You