How to get player to keep their location when they enter the level again?

basically, i made code that when an object is interacted with, it sends an actor to another level to complete a task, which when completed sends the actor back to the original level. the problem is, it sends the actor back to the original spawn point. is there a way to have the actor spawn back to their last location on that level rather than resetting it. im sure it has something to do with save and load systems but im not too familiar with them so im not sure. any help or links to help videos would be great. thanks!

There is couple ways you can do this. Sure, save system can work perfectly. Since you can store the last transform of the player and call it again.

If you think there’s no need for you to insert a save system in your game (sometimes too short), then probably there’s others tricks to do it without the save system.

For example, I could think of something like… The Game Instance can travel between levels and won’t reset anything you set there (except if you restart the game I suppose). You can set a bool checking if the players traveled to another level and call that bool inside the levels. If is true, then respawn the player at specific location you want.

You could use ‘teleport’ or ‘spawn actor’ . I’m sure this would work for a simple solution, but you got test first. Since I’ve never done something like this, is just a idea that crossed my mind, but I’m sure it servers.