How to get current time position of Take Recorder Level Sequence?

Hi guys!

Is it possible to get current time position of Take Recorder Level Sequence via blueprint or may be via C++ ?
I want to create possibility for changing start position of Start Recording usingTake Recording or play and control opened Level Sequence in run-time, but I don’t know how can I do it =(

Thanks for any help or direction in this issue!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/filedata/fetch?id=1769811

Hi Oleg, did you figure this one out?
Not entirely sure if we are trying to do the same thing, but in my case I was trying to retrieve the current shot frame or time from the sequencer events blueprint…
any thoughts on how to achieve this?

You should be able to call GetCurrentTime. Note, this is only accessible through editor blueprints since the current time in a level sequence editor is an editor concept.

GetCurrentTime.PNG

Hi @Max.Chen, thanks for your reply. That’s great to know.

I guess what I am trying to do is somehow unusual so I am not sure if I am going in the right direction.
I have a blueprint actor with some geometry that I wish to animate procedurally driven by (ideally) the shot time (as driven by the sequencer). Right now, I am actually exposing a variable on my blueprint (exposed to cinematics) and I set keys for it on a sequencer track. That does the trick, but… I run into situations when I adjust my shot and I have to re-key values to match the new frame range. I tried other approaches like creating an event track with an event that fires off every sequencer frame in the hope that I would be able to retrieve from my blueprint the time of the shot (or global sequence time) where the event was triggered.

I get what you are saying re. being able to read time only from editor blueprints. It makes sense. However, do you have any other suggestions on how I could better approach the problem I am trying to solve (alternative to keying a time variable on a sequencer track).

Thanks a lot beforehand!!

still banging my head against the wall with this one.
any thoughts will be greatly appreciated