How to get current scalability setting?

Hi, I’m using ‘Scalability Auto’ command at the start of the game to detect best visual settings. I need to show these settings in the video settings menu, but I can’t find any commands to get the current scalability settings. Is there any way to find this in blueprints?

Hey Stormrage256,

Here is a tutorial for [Scalability][1], which sounds like what you’re currently looking for. For this tutorial, you’d need to execute console command nodes in addition to the commands from the scalability guide. I’ve also located a [tutorial][2] for you which shows you how to save and load graphics settings using blueprints.

Cheers!

Scalability Reference for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
[2]: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hi, I’ve checked out the scalability page, but it only mentions how to set a visual quality level. I can’t find any mention of how to retrieve the current visual settings, like say what scalability value the game is currently running on.

Hey Stormrage256,

I was not able to find an exact way to reproduce this in blueprints the way described therefore, I have submitted a feature request to our developers. If for any reason you need to reference this request in the future, please refer to: UE-13861

Thank you!

Thanks a lot . Really appreciate it.

Any news on UE-13861?

Hey Stormrage256,

UE-13861 is still currently being reviewed at this time. This was entered in as a feature request to implement a way to retrieve the current visual settings within blueprint.

Any news about UE-13861?

Hey ,

This feature request has been set as ‘to do’ with a 3 - normal priority. It has not been completed at this time.

Thanks!

Hi, today I was working on same thing and getting game settings is implemented! In native code, you can look for UGameUserSettings class. In Blueprint you can obtain (and save) game settings by calling static method Get Game Setting. (It is the same native class I mentioned earlier)

UE-13861 was implemented a while back and should be in our newer versions of the Engine.

Thank you!

1 Like