How to get characters in my level to move post 4.20?

I had put off updating my project for…a long time, I just went from 4.18 to 4.23.

In 4.18, all I had to do was tell the AI controller for each character I had selected to do a “Simple Move to Location” (Its an RTS Game) and it worked great:

After updating to 4.21 (I updated to each version between 4.18 and 4.23 because I heard it avoided stacking errors / deprecation’s or something) I noticed that the “Simple Move to Location” Nodes were deprecated and no longer worked, in fact none of the “Move to” nodes seemed to work anymore.

If anyone could tell me what I need to do to get my characters moving again I would be very much appreciative! Thanks for your time

After a little more research I found that if I turned off “Use Pathfinding” in the “Move to Location” node
my character actually starts to move…So I guess my new question is, why did UE4 magically stop recognizing my Nav Mesh Volume, and what is the point of a nav mesh volume if my characters can move without it…?

BTW deleting and adding a new nav mesh volume did not fix my problem, as it stands right now I have deleted the Nav mesh volume as I find it to have absolutely no function whatsoever.