How to generate a Hit event with a skeletal mesh while playing an animation

I am trying to use Hit event to a skeletal mesh with animations.
I using bp or sequencer to play animations. it can not generate any Hit Events.
if my skeletal mesh collision mode set to ragdoll, and I have the Hit event. but the animation is not playing anymore.
I already check the simulation Generates Hit Events in collision settings.
I need to play the animation and get the hit event at the same time.
So, How to generate a Hit event with a skeleton mesh while playing an animation?

Had the same problem but I got it working now:

1. Blueprint > SkeletalMeshComponent > Details panel > Collision > Enable Simultation generates hit events (you probably already did this)
  2. Go to the physics asset of that skeletal mesh > Select all Physics bodies by pressing CTRL + A in the viewport (all bodies will become yellow) > Details panel > Collision > Enable Simulation generates hit event

This actually makes sense. The option in the SkeletalMeshComponent works as a big on/off switch. The SkeletalMeshComponent itself is not a physics body but it does contain multiple physics bodies which can each generate hit events (you may only want a specific physics body to generate hit events).

Hope this helps!

10 Likes

mine is animated, and it only does the hit events when the player is moving. its very frustrating

1 Like

Thanks WardVanBever

This worked for me. Appreciate it :slight_smile:

Thank you! Worked for me.

Thank you. I was wondering why this wasn’t working. Good to know you have to enable it on the physics mesh too.

Works, thx :slight_smile: