How to force UI to render correctly during a loading screen

I successfully took the Loading Screen code from Lyra and added it to my game and I’m customizing it to look how I want for my game. The world settings specify info about the level title, background image, and some story text which the widget populates on Initialize.

This is essentially taken straight from Lyra and I’m surprised Lyra isn’t showing similar issues.

I noticed some huge issues in a standalone game. If I use the RestartLevel console command or load any new levels once the game starts, my loading screen is stuck for a frame looking completely broken. The game is stuck on this frame for about 1-2 seconds.

The background image itself is stuck looking like a checker pattern. The UI for the text is not laid out properly either. I haven’t found a way to force the Slate layout to be correct, and for the image to be instantly loaded. I even tried just setting an image brush statically in the UMG editor itself without it being set dynamically at runtime, and the image still appears as a checker for a frame.

How it should look:

How it looks for a frame (Somehow printscrn captures the loading screen as it should look, so weird. I had to use my phone to capture):

Well I see the checker pattern issue somehow doesn’t occur when running the game itself, not through the editor.

And the text layout issue seems related to a bug in the engine for now. UMG Widget blueprint canvas is not set correctly for the first frame

It should always be possible to hide all these issues by me forcing the loading screen to appear early and then trigger a map transition, so at least there’s that.