How to fix Unreal Engine from crashing because switch statement is returning NULL?

I’ve been trying to do a raycast and seeing what PhysMaterial it hits and doing damage based on the PhysicalMaterial hit on a player but every time I hit the player Unreal Engine crashes as the SurfaceType is returning NULL for some reason.(The PhysMaterial is a custom one)

Player.CPP

//Health is the UHealthComponent and HP is the health value of the component on the player
//Target is the player hit reference and Hit is the FHitResult hit info
switch (Hit.PhysMaterial.Get()->SurfaceType)
		{
		case SurfaceType1:
			UGameplayStatics::ApplyPointDamage(Target, 50.0f, Hit.TraceStart, Hit, GetInstigatorController(), this, UDamageType::StaticClass());
			GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 1.0f, FColor::Green, FString::SanitizeFloat(Target->Health->HP));
			break;

case SurfaceType2:
			UGameplayStatics::ApplyPointDamage(Target, 25.0f, Hit.TraceStart, Hit, GetInstigatorController(), this, UDamageType::StaticClass());
			GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 1.0f, FColor::Green, FString::SanitizeFloat(Target->Health->HP));
			break;

case SurfaceType_Default:
			UGameplayStatics::ApplyPointDamage(Target, 10.0f, Hit.TraceStart, Hit, GetInstigatorController(), this, UDamageType::StaticClass());
			break;

default:
			UGameplayStatics::ApplyPointDamage(Target, 10.0f, Hit.TraceStart, Hit, GetInstigatorController(), this, UDamageType::StaticClass());
		}

Thanks in advance.

I’d just breakpoint on that line and see what Hit contains, you might get some clues.