How to fix RHI/D3D11 crash?

i have created a new project with rtx enabled and it does not start…has this assertion failure

tired of this;(

have tried numerous studio drivers; older ones and the latest but no joy…
think i might go back to Vray for visualisation so i spend less time on troubleshooting issues and more time actually doing stuff

if i remove ‘DefaultGraphicsRHI=DefaultGraphicsRHI_DX12’ from the Config folders DefaultEngine.ini of any 4.25 project of mine that wont start it loads without problem.

if i re-enable [actually the ‘raytrace’ flag is still one under project settings when i load the project] and select Direct X12 under the RHI [also in project settings] and restart the Editor, bam!..again the editor does not finish loading the project and i get the above assertion failure…

if i open a non rtx project , no problem there.

I’ve uninstalled/re-installed/verified 4.25.4 tried numerous studio drivers including the latest and previous ones too [alwasy using DDU in safe mode and preventing windows from installing what it wants by unplugging the net] but nothing helps with this.

Can anyone offer any help…this is driving me crazy now for days and Im out of ideas…
thanks in advance.