How to fix problem with mouse controller (Y axis invert when look at the negative coordinate) ?

Then why you complain about Y rotation, if you will not need it later. :smiley:
Also for having mech (ie. big robot that has human instead of cyber quantum computarr) you should use character component approach. But that can be done later, you just replace cube with character, and calculate speeds for animation.

It is all because hovercomponent has troubles with location and rotation. I tested it a lot yesterday, it sometimes behaves weird, sometimes it loses rotation (rotates to random one), sometimes i just gets some random location. It is not reliable for stabilizing things. Also child actors can be moved in parent blueprint (in hoover box) and rotated, they are just better for this task.
You need to create blueprint actor that does same as hoover component. Put 4 (or 3) of those components in corners bit further from center of box.
I will experiment with this idea later, it has so many uses that i just cannot skip it.

Yes I would like to get the possibility to move the Y axis. But You see like me that make lot of problem :S

But I understand you I’ll try without hoverComponent to see if Y axis work good

Ok, I just try without hoverCompenent… It’s worst than ever xD

I think I’m going to take a gun and shoot my head xD

ok I find the Thruster component !

Now I just have to find how to activate thruster with the mouse X and Y :smiley:

It will be so great !

I think I can keep my HoverComponent and just add :

• One truster to go up
  • One to go down
    For the both I think about something saying : “hey if the movement from the input is biger then 0 let’s go to top ! But if it’s small than 0 go down”

And the same for the possibility to turn :

• One for the right
  • One for the left
    With the same things for up and down make a condition for the + - than 0 :smiley:

And it will be so great in the gameplay
And I will forget the X Y axis problem cause the thruster will be child of the mesh !!!

Ahoy !

(And with thruster we could stabilize it manualy, if I put thrusters for “roll” like a spaceship)

For thrusters always add 2. if you add one that is central to mesh, you cannot turn, if you add one that is not centered you will not turn instead you go in circles.

So for thrusters add:
2 facing forward.
2 facing right
and 2 facing up

By facing direction i mean they have RED arrow pointing EXACTLY in that direction.

For eg for forward thrusters:

• place one at [0,-200,0]
  • second at [0,200,0]
  • make both rotations [0,0,0] (i hope this is forward :wink:

When you want go forward you apply to both -1 * strength * input axis value
When rotating/turning do +1 for one -1 for another.

And this is why i told you to used thrusters facing forward, right and up: because you have “get right” “get up” “get forward”, you will need those when you want some stabilizing code later. So it will be less confusion in math.

also i thin that for UP direction you will need 3 or 4 thrusters.

I see and understand all of that but I don’t know how I can tell in the blueprint all that things

I made hoover box, that uses 4 thrusters for corners. However it has one big fault, at some point it starts woobling and does it until it flips upside down. So pure thruster idea does not work well, i think best will be joining my stabilizing code from yesterday with those thrusters. Thrusters were working fine without gravity, but because they react to distance and act opposite to gravity, physics simulation ALWAYS goes into pendulum bouncing, no amount of damping helps (because this is also just reacting). Stable hoovercraft needs some stabilizing code.

But because you want character (ie mech) and not hoovertank, you will be better with starting from third person template and using character.

I will share this bouncy hoovertank project when it uploads to dropbox.

here is link: Dropbox - Error

O.M.G. !!!

THANKS !!! You’re my god !!!

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8c7c/4fmlkhidfpb1d8v6g.jpg

Now I have to find how to stabilize it !

Soooo !

I finally put the Roll system after looking some Gundam and other anime mech fights !

So the final base gameplay is here :

Now I have to see the power of all the variable we made to feel like playing a real anime mech !

Stabilizing it is not easy task, you need to anticipate velocity and position, find optimal force to apply (this is hard part), and then slow down that woobling.
If i have time i will play with that hoover craft idea more there may be solution to do it without complicated calculations, but today i do not have time.

Pendulum, this is what you need to fight: Pendulum - Wikipedia

Nice to think about pendulum.

I think I’m going to fix that in the gameplay. I’m better with the simple thing ^^

I’m going to try to put some heavy at the bottom of the mech. With the physics that Unreal bring I think The heaviest part should go down. Maybe I should make a blueprint for that mass with a biger damping :wink:

“How to fix problem with mouse controller (Y axis invert when look at the negative coordinate) ?”

I think we answer this thread. May we can close that and make another topic for the stabilizer ?

I think we should not spam forum with new topic.
We can continue here, when we have working hoovercraft with stabilization I can delete all those posts, and you can then edit your first post and share blueprints (if you want).

As to that pendumum thing, I tried a lot of solutions when i tried to make space ships AI. I needed to teach AI how to stop ship where it wants, it was hard. I gave up, and cheated with linear damping.

So maybe now i am ready to tackle this stuff again.

Input Axis Camera Up is missing in ue4.24.