How To Fix Material In Unreal Engine 4.9.1?

I Am So Dam New In Unreal Engine… So I Was Watching Some Video Tutorial About Unreal Engine… But I Am Facing A Problem With The Material In Unreal Engine 4.9.1… The Scaling Of Material Is Not Going Right… Here Is The Example… When I Drag And Drop A Material It Happens Every Time For Every Material…

But In Unreal Engine 4.9.0 It Was OK… How Do I Fix This…? Please Help Me Me… Give Me A Video Tutorial Please If Possible…

1. Open your Material.

2. Search “Texture Coordinate” in the Palette tab at the right.

3. Drag and drop it in the canevas, then link it to your texture’s UVs ; then change the “Texture Coordinate” parameter like you want (Material Expression Texture Coordinate tab, at the left ; X and Y settings ; 1.0 and 1.0 by default ; the higher the value, the more the texture is repeated).

Tip : If you’re using a “general” Texture / Material on a Mesh and not a specific [UV] Texture, scale the UVs of your Mesh(es) higher or lower into your 3D modeling program so it fits to the Material settings (according to Texture Coordinate). The actual Mesh you dragged your Material onto is in fact an enlarged Mesh with unchanged UVs (simple unwrap). That’s why the Material display is so large. Drag this Material into a cube and you’ll see that the display will be “normal”. In other words, the “problem” technically doesn’t come from the Material itself, but from the UV settings / unwraping of the Mesh.

In other words, you have to find a balance between your Material’s Texture UVs (Texture Coordinate settings) and the UVs settings of the different Meshes you want to use your specific Material onto.

Understood ? :slight_smile:

Many Many Thanks To You Bro… :smiley: :wink: