,How to fix Invisible Barriers of Unknown Origins?

I’m assuming your models are Static Meshes.

Static Meshes all have their own Collision, which can be in these forms:

• Simple Collision - Primitives: Boxes, Spheres, Capsules, etc. Least expensive
  • Simple Collision - Convex Collision: Collision in the shape of your model, but is only convex (think of it like the collision is a skin around the object) Not very expensive
  • Complex Collision: Collision that perfectly matches the shape of your model. Most expensive, and cannot be used when the mesh is physics-simulating

So, the invisible barriers sound like they are the Static Meshes’ collision, just improperly configured. My picture below demonstrates how to change the collision shape.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’ve been adding fbx models into my game project. However i noticed when i walk around, some areas have an invisible barrier to them. I’ve checked to see if they come from my objects since some have a thin floaty area when you jump on them (still fixing that hopefully) but moving those objects around didn’t effect the issue.

How do i get rid of these invisible barriers? i’ve heard something about collison boxes but i have not idea about making or editing them.

Try looking at your level in player collision mode:

Thanks you guys! This definitely helped! They are all static meshes, I found that setting of some of my props to “Overlap All” in the collision presets was a quick fix. However, these methods will help me keep this from happening again!

Oh yeah, and as ClockworkOcean said, the “Player Collision” viewmode can help you narrow down where the improper collision is.