How to fix in version <4.25 "Engine Scalability Settings > Resolution Scale"?

Hello, after changing my main monitor to 1920x1080 I get this

303448-kingscreen.png

If I change “Resolution Scale”, this value changing back to this strange value after I test game.

It’s probably because the resolution is invalid in GameUserSettings.ini file.

Thanks for answer :slight_smile: Better to deleate GameUserSettings.ini or change screen values in this file?

Change it to a valid resolution if it isn’t.

Hmm, I changed

• ResolutionSizeX=1920
  • ResolutionSizeY=1080
  • LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
  • LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080

,but still have this strange value, and cant change it.

I also have this problem if start new project.

I downloaded 4.25, and new project have normal screen resolution, but i cant find any file in 4.22 which set resoluton. I want to finish game in 4.22.

I’ve got the same issue. Also, no matter what I set the resolution to it launches with my screens default 4k resolution-size.

EG bugs tem sayed that its fixed in 4.25 (which dont work with win7 as I hear), but didnt say how to fix it now. Any ideas?

ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒᶰᵉ ʰᵉᶫᵖ

Looks like I fixed it, but its only visual, now I cant change other settings, and you can just ignore this problem.

So, I changed In 3 files GameUserSettings.ini this (of course you need set you correct resolution)

ResolutionSizeX=1920
ResolutionSizeY=1080
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080
  • First file in “project folder”\Saved\Config\Windows
  • Second file in C:\Users"user name"\AppData\Local"project name"\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
  • Third file in C:\Users"user name"\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine"UE version"\Saved\Config\Windows

After this I launched Unreal Engine, changed this strange value to lover value, then set value to 100%, saved project, quit, checked again this ini files for resolution, and after next launch I have normal 100% value, also I have normal value in other projects which GameUserSettings.ini I dont touched (maybe i should change only third file).

Problem fixed :slight_smile: (this reply for mailed Kazuss)

Solved 4K Scaling Win10 Unreal 4.26.0 with Sharp Text and Sharp Demo FPS using alt + p

Before starting double check your settings and make sure these settings are changed first before applying the method.

Right click on the Unreal Engine “Shortcut”> Properties > Compatibility. UnCheck the box for “Override high DPI scaling behavior.” And yes, uncheck is correct for what we are going to do.

Open Unreal Engine > you may select a new project or current one you have > Click on Edit > Editor Preferences > Make sure “Enable High DPI Support” is Checked.

General > Performance > “Disable DPI Based Editor Viewport” is Checked.

Go ahead and Close Unreal.

Method Setup :

Right Click On Your Desktop and Select Display Settings

Left Click On Your 4K Monitor it should be labeled 1 or 2.

Scroll Down To “Scale and layout”

Click On The Drop Down Menu For “Change the size of text, apps, and other items”

Select 300% Recommended (My setup works with 300% which is the recommended yours might be different but use your own recommended.

Click on “Advanced scaling settings”

“Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry” Switch This To “OFF” and close the window.

Open Unreal Engine > Click on “Window” at the top left. Click on Developer Tools > Widget Reflector > Application Scale: Change from 1.0 to 0.8 and hit Enter.

Now your Windows apps will be correct size plus Unreal Engine will be correct size with non blurry text and also do alt + p for the FPS demo and that should be sharp as well.

I hope that helps some of yall. I thought something like this would be fixed by now.

-Matt

Solved 4K Scaling Win10 Unreal 4.26.0 with Sharp Text and Sharp Demo FPS using alt + p

Before starting double check your settings and make sure these settings are changed first before applying the method.

Right click on the Unreal Engine “Shortcut”> Properties > Compatibility. UnCheck the box for “Override high DPI scaling behavior.” And yes, uncheck is correct for what we are going to do.

Open Unreal Engine > you may select a new project or current one you have > Click on Edit > Editor Preferences > Make sure “Enable High DPI Support” is Checked.

General > Performance > “Disable DPI Based Editor Viewport” is Checked.

Go ahead and Close Unreal.

Method Setup :

Right Click On Your Desktop and Select Display Settings

Left Click On Your 4K Monitor it should be labeled 1 or 2.

Scroll Down To “Scale and layout”

Click On The Drop Down Menu For “Change the size of text, apps, and other items”

Select 300% Recommended (My setup works with 300% which is the recommended yours might be different but use your own recommended.

Click on “Advanced scaling settings”

“Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry” Switch This To “OFF” and close the window.

Open Unreal Engine > Click on “Window” at the top left. Click on Developer Tools > Widget Reflector > Application Scale: Change from 1.0 to 0.8 and hit Enter.

Now your Windows apps will be correct size plus Unreal Engine will be correct size with non blurry text and also do alt + p for the FPS demo and that should be sharp as well.

I hope that helps some of yall. I thought something like this would be fixed by now.

-Matt

But 4.25> don’t have ths problem. Or?