How To Fix Double Touch on windows touch

Hello,
I’ve been stuck on this annoying bug in unreal 4.26 on my windows machine where when I try to click a button or anything that has a click function or does an action when pressed,(button, combo box, expandable area, checkbox…) they all get pressed twice the first time I select them when using my touch screen on my laptop. then when I select them a second time it only clicks it the expected one click. I’ve found a work around that requires me to edit the source code https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/3448 which is possible for me to do I just wanted to see if there were any more obvious fixes to my problem.

thanks in advance.

Did you ever find a way around this? I’m stuck with the same issue in UE5.1.1 :frowning:

No Sorry. The only thing I found was the link to github where you’ll need to download the source code. I’ll update this if I find anything.

Not so much a solution as a decent workaround. Created a macrolibrary (class: UMG.Widget if you want to use it in Widgets, class: Actor elsewhere) with a macro called “InputFilter”, which I’m adding as the first node after every touch event. This avoids any logic being called >1 in the same tick and solves the issue.

Be careful not to add this to logic that should run >1 per tick (like multiple fingers touching at once)

Thanks I’ll try this out.

Hello,This Console Variables worked perfect for me.

1 Like

Sorry that i’m bringing this back to life but i’m looking at this again and feeling like you gave me an answer but I have no idea what to do with this information. Where does this go? Is this a command line variable that I need to execute before launching the build? Is this something I put in the project settings?

So I found the answer you need.

[MobileSlateUI]
bTouchFallbackToMouse=false

This will go inside of the DefaultEngine.ini file that is located in /Config/DefaultEngine.ini
But this seems to only work for me when I am either in a packaged build or a standalone game not sure where I need to put it yet so the games run in the editor also work.