How to fade out an audio component that is playing in a level blueprint through UI

I have a level that builds a main menu UI on EventBeginPlay, and also on begin play, it adds an audio component (a looping 1:20 music piece) and then plays it right after.

On my main menu UI, there is a Credits button, and I would like the main menu music to pause for the time of viewing the credits. There is a problem though, and that is that I have to fade out a piece of music that plays in a completely different blueprint on the press of a button on a UI, and I don’t know how to do so.

I’ve tried making a custom event in the Level Blueprint that fades out the same audio component for a duration of 2 seconds, referenced straight from the Add Audio Component node, and then calling the function in the UI, but for some reason it just doesn’t seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated, especially on this annoying scenario that I run into all the time.

Thank you!

P.S. This is what it looks like in the Level Blueprint:

And this is what is looks like in the UI:

Maybe the Target input on the call function node may be the thing but I have no idea what it needs to know ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I just plugged in a MainMenuUI reference to the target and as always the Message Log always brings good news.