How to exclude child classes from an EQS Generator?

I have a set of AI enemies who use EQS to identify the closest player unit, set it as a blackboard target, and chase after the unit. This works great!

However, I want to have a special kind of player unit, identical in most ways to the player unit class but with some added functionality. So I made the new unit class a child of the base player unit. One of the supposed benefits of doing so would be removing the child unit class from the enemy EQS query, since it just pulls an array of actors by class.

Except the child unit class is still being selected for by the query, even when the generator only pulls the parent class and the only test is inverse distances. I tried to compensate for this by adding a filter in the EQS context that removed the child unit class results from the set, but that breaks the query.

Is there any way to filter the results of an ActorsOfClass generator, either through a test or a context? Or a way to tell the EQS system to not treat child classes as members of the parent class?

Thanks.

The answer was to stop doing it backwards and make a custom generator so that the source data excludes the child class.