Download

How to end game after player picks up x amount of coins?

Dear Unreal Community,

I am a total beinner and for my first project, I created a small world where the player picks up coins (there are 8 in total) while a timer widget with min:sec is displayed. I am now looking for the best way to end the game → after finding all 8 coins, the game should end by the player seeing the time at which they picked up the last coin. It’s a mini game for my friends and I want them to battle for “who finds all of the coins the fastest”

There are so many great online tutorials for a newbie like me, but I can’t find anything that helps me with this issue, that is why I wanted to ask here. Thank you to everybody in advance!

You count the coins picked up with an integer. When it reaches the target, pause the game and display a widget with the time in.

Which part are you unclear about?

You can have a look here:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/1016203/crash-bandicoot-collecting-animation.html

The project link is still live. If you open this project (min v4.25) and add the highlighted script to what’s in the Third Person Character blueprint, you’ll get the counting: