How to enable World Displacement for Static Mesh/Landscape materials in UE5?

Is there any way to use a displacement map for mesh in UE5?

The mesh I use was downloaded from a website, so I don’t really want to re-edit it (the author already provided displacement maps).

PS. I already disabled Nanite for that static mesh, but World Displacement still seems not working.
PSS. Many Quixel surface use displacement map too, those also can’t be working correctly.

1 Like

+1 up -------------------up +1

If the World Displacement map can’t be supported appropriately by UE5, then all Quixel surfaces (with ORDp textures) will become trash within no time.
“Dp” in the ORDp simply won’t work anymore!

1 Like

Hello!
I searched about it and I found a solution.
I used the Quixel Mixer and created a material. After, I import it to UE5 and remesh a plane from the modeling tool.

( Key part is that plane from actor panel cant be used for displaced material because of some virtual texture issues, instead of that use plane from starter content, remesh & rename it.)

You don’t have to you Quixel Mixer to get a material with a displacement texture,

The solution is setting displacement by using modeling tools and not using the geometry shapes from the actor panel. Use meshes from the content drawer or any flat area. Otherwise, remeshing and virtual texture problems don’t let you apply displacement if you use meshes from the actor panel.