How to enable the new World Partition in 4.27?

I have read that the water system does not work with World Composition. Does it work properly with the new World Partition? If yes, is it possible to enable it in 4.27? Maybe there is some plugin in the Marketplace or something similar? I do really want to add the water to my game, but when I try this, the editor crashes. How to help the situation?

Bump. The topic is actual.

@Etyuhibosecyu
No, the World Partition is an Unreal 5-specific feature: World Composition is used in UE4.
I have experienced the water system in UE5 to be much better, so your best course of action might be to upgrade your Unreal version.
I hope this can help!
-Zen

Sorry, this is not solution for me. I cannot experience UE5 at this moment because of the computer power. I have only 8 GB RAM and 4 GB of video memory whereas UE5 is known to demand 64 and 24 GB, respectively. So the water has to disappear from my game for a long time, hasn’t it?

I’m running 5 with 16RAM and 6VRAM

I suspect it would work with 8 and 4 at a push, but you’d have to only run the engine…

Can you explain these words? It means that engine would start but nothing serious would work? If so, I make a large, high-loaded game, and if engine even hardly starts, this is unacceptable for me. Or what do your words mean?

I mean only work in the engine, and don’t have 5 other things open.

How much you can do in the engine will vary depending on how heavy your game is.

Also, you will probably find you have to restart the editor every couple of hours or so.

But… if you have enough drive space, you can check it out. There are steps you can take to make it perform more effectively, almost like 4.

So, for example, that editor, browser and VPN won’t work at the same time? I have very large pagefile (in comparison with main RAM), will it help?

Really depends on the browser. Firefox, for example, uses more RAM than UE.

Paging might help a little if you’re using SSD or M2.

Best thing is to check it out. Can you load it alongside what you have? I wouldn’t make the leap blind, it’s borderline.

Is it possible to switch off the most demanding features such as Lumen or Nanite in UE5? And how much VRAM do they demand? Usual RAM can be extended, the main problem is VRAM.

I was running 5 on a 1040 with 4G VRAM. It’s totally possible.

Yes, turn off Nanite, and Lumen.

You might also stick with DX11 for a while, rather than 12. Although that might limit some features you want ( can’t recall what right now ).

How much VRAM do Nanite and Lumen demand? Is 24 GB minimum, or not?

I could run both on the 1040, which only has 4G VRAM. I only got about 20 fps, mind you…

Thanks, I will try. But I do already have near 10 fps mainly and 1-2 fps in the peaks in my game. Let’s look at this in UE5…

2 Likes

Ah, if you’re getting 10, then you will get about 1 in 5 :slight_smile:

But, if you’re already getting 10, then there’s something to look at.