How to enable Light Propagation Volumes GI [ WIP AND BETA]

Hi, what’s the state of LPV ? when UE will LPV with cone lights ?
:wink:

The company that started with the LPV is now closed, not sure if Epic will end or not tbh.

2 years in 2016, and no a real realtime GI solution in Unreal Engine 4, is not a real problem but would be nice have something.

It is sad that both Fable Legends and Lionhead studio are closed. Lionhead studio was the one who integrated LPV into UE 4 and continued improving it. In UE 4.10, LPV works a lot better than in 4.0. It provides more adjustable features and less light leaking. I am on an exterior ArchViz project and LPV suits it best since Nvidia’s VXGI costs about 40fps and I cannot afford that on a large exterior scene. With LPV and HBAO+, almost none lighting artifacts happen, and there is not a big impact on performance either. Well, I guess probably LPV is a good way to go.

UE4 LPV

Cryengine SVOGI

Cryengine has nice result in indoor scene but ue4 lpv is … :mad:

I’m pretty sure the never went out of ‘‘beta’’ and is abandoned. Use vxgi if you want a similar look as svogi.

vxgi is very slow

also i cant use on launcher version

The year is 2018 and low-performance LPV still experiment and it is not developing anymore. Unreal still doesn’t have any piece of Dynamic GI. Who is in charge at Epic in that department? Anton Kaplayan is the man who will save us. Please contact and him and beg him to save us. KIT - Computer Graphics - Our Group - Staff