How to enable Input to another character

So all im trying to do is to go to the box trigger that sits on my AI(he is just an NPC - another thirdpersonPawn like main playable character) and when I click E Key (Interact) so he will print something - for now.
I understand because he is Pawn actor I cant just use Input enable and disable and some one told me to use posses. i was trying to but i dont want to control him, when i go to the trigger box its auto switch my player for his, its not what i wanted, i want to go to his trigger, click E and the msg will appear without switching my playable character. what I need to do?

If you can get a reference to the pawn you can trigger a custom event. You will need to set up the custom event node in the npc then call it from the main player character or controller. Depending on how you setup the reference to the npc you may need to cast to that class.
Hope this helps

Hey,
could you try this? That is the blueprint in the NPC. When you (the player) are overlapping the BoxCollsion, the boolean IsPlayerNear gets set. Then he is waiting for your input (keyboard E). When this happens, he will do StartInteraction ONCE(!). This will be reset when you leave him. (Did you delete your last question?)

1 Like

thank you very much dude!