How to enable drag and dropping files into UE4 Editor?

I’m trying to drag and drop files (.wav, .fbx, .tga, etc) into Unreal Engine 4 Editor 4.26.2 from a File Explorer window, in Windows 10 (up to date) but it doesn’t seem to work as I keep getting the circle stop sign.

Right-click to import works perfectly, but not drag and drop.

Of course, I’ve also tried restarting my PC, making new projects, finding other assets, looking through the settings, searching google, and even hoping the problem would just fix itself over time. It didn’t.

I can’t seem to find a solution online, and I suppose I can use the right-click workaround for now, but otherwise I’m not sure why I can’t drag and drop into the editor.

I don’t think it’s supposed to work that way I’m afraid.

It works for me in 4.25. It always has, you can grab a bunch of files and drag & drop them into the Content Browser.

Ok, often doesn’t for me… sometimes it’s good for wav files ( 4.26 ).

I wiggle my mouse furiously if it refuses, until the icon pops up or my hand gets tired.

Shouting can help too…

Has anyone found out how to do this? It seems like basic functionality but such a pain if it is not working…

Same here. Wonder what’s going on…

You can do this to solve the problem:

1. click Windows+R, type regedit, press Enter.
    2.find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
    3.right-click or double-click EnableLUA to modify, change the value to 0, and then OK, restart the computer.