How to enable anti ghosting

How to enable anti ghosting using the blueprint command console?

code …

Hello TheSubZer0,

Would you mind sharing, a little bit more information on your question?
If you mean the n-key rollover feature of a keyboard, that’s actually hardware based. If instead you’re thinking of the image ghosting of monitors that’s hardware based as well.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/rendering/125467-temporal-aa-motion-blur-a-final-solution-to-ghosting

Hi TheSubZer0,

my apologies for not thinking about that, but I usually have motion blur turned off by default. I dug through the forums a bit and it seems like, most people actually recommend tweaking the Temporal AA with the r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight and the r.TemporalAASamples commands, as well as resharpening with r.Tonemapper.Sharpen. The numbers mentioned in the forums were 0.2, 2 and about 0.5 respectively. To my knowledge there doesn’t seem to be a solution from unreal yet, but I cannot confirm that.
My proposal: try if you can make your project work with FXAA first, if you need the Temporal AA you can try to tweak it. It depends on your type of work, but you might be able to get away with super-sampling (film, and similar fields). You might also try to reduce your motion blur or turn it off completely.

Sorry I’m pretty sure that wasn’t exactly what you were looking for, hope that helps it helps though.

Regards,

Vecherka.

I had never thought to disable motion blur, and I had it with the maximum settings, when I get home I will test without motion blur and with these commands too.

Unfortunately it didn’t work, I followed the procedures but it still has the same ghost as always with Temporal AA

Hi TheSubZer0,

Is it possible for you to change to the FXAA method, or do you have to rely on Temporal AA?

I change it to FXAA but the screen is very blurry, so I change it to TAA that works better and has good results, I tested MSAA but it seems that this anti aliasing doesn’t work.

And this ghosting happens even when motion blur is disabled or yes :frowning:

This ghosting doesn’t just happen in MSAA mode but apparently MSAA is the same as disabled anti aliasing.

Hi TheSubZer0,

The MSAA method doesn’t work in the current Deferred Renderer (the default Renderer), as this method of anti aliasing is rather unperformant in combination with the Deferred Renderer.
If you can’t reduce the ghosting by tweaking the Temporal AA and motion blur, I’m afraid you’d have to make it work with FXAA and the deferred shader, or you could change your project Renderer to the forward one (requires SM5 though, here’s an article from the documentation on it: Forward Shading Renderer | Unreal Engine Documentation ) and you’d be able to use MSAA. Important to note here you’ll loose the benefits of the Deferred Renderer, i.e. Screen Space Tech, such as SSR and SSAO and probably most importantly the G-Buffers. You could also break your Materials and an other thing is the Forward Renderer doesn’t scale very well with scene complexity, but it performs better on less complex scenes than the Deferred Renderer.
So if you want to go with the Forward Renderer, you should backup your project files beforehand.

I’m already with forward render and MSAA doesn’t work as much as the ghost continues to blur the graphics even with motion blur completely disabled, I’m currently using TAA

Hi TheSubZer0,

the problem lies within the combination of Temporal AA and Motion Blur. If you’re already using the Forward Renderer, you can use MSAA as it should be able to give better results, but you don’t only have to turn it on but also configure it. You can use the r.MSAACount console command for that, it’ll fallback to the Temporal AA if you input a 0, if you’re instead inputting a 1 it’ll simply disable MSAA. The Input is the MSAA sample count, so to have 2x MSAA you input a 2, for 4x MSAA a 4 and for 8x MSAA an 8.