how to draw a gizmo that ignores exposure

Hi,
I’m working on a gizmo for moving and rotating objects at runtime. The gizmo is actual geometry with an emissive material. The project uses a player controlled sun and sky system and auto-exposure. Now the problem I am facing is that the gizmo is either too dark at noon or starts to glow at sundown.

Is there a way to draw an object on top of the scene, while comletely ignoring the exposure?

Use an unlit material :slight_smile:

343887-screenshot-6.jpg

Unless I am missing something this will only ignore lights, but not the exposure. To see the gizmo in a dark scene I made it emissive and the emission is causing the glow.

You can only use emissive with unlit. I think you only need a brightness of .5, which shouldn’t touch exposure:

the material effecting the exposure is not the problem, but the difference in the skys intensity

so for the first image, the emission needs to be above 1 and for the second image it has to be way lower.
I’m just looking for a way to draw something with a constanst color without any exposure, just like a umg widget or the editors move tool.

I think we have very different environment settings.

I’m using the default sun and sky system.

Finally found a way, the exposure is exposed to material as “EyeAdaption” node:

1 Like

Ah, nice…