How to do simple timeline animation with different reverse duration?

I’m trying to do a simple lerp animation for my third person camera using a timeline, but I want the reverse of this timeline to be slower than when it plays forward.

I’ve tried two separate timelines but it’s inconvenient to keep track of their progress values, such that they line up with each other. I’ve also tried using Set New Time (as seen in the screenshot) and Set Play Rate, but I’m confused by how to use them properly and worried about whether they’re even necessary or useful in this situation.

Is there a simpler or more convenient way to do this action? I feel like I’m missing something obvious that’s been solved a hundred times before.

you may want to look into creating these animations using a tween plugin

I’d rather not go shopping for an answer, thanks.

It’s either two timelines, or ‘set play rate’ when going backwards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you elaborate how it works, and how I’m supposed to use it?

This sort of thing

Not actually tested, but the concept holds.

2 Likes

Does the play rate have to be set for both Play and Reverse, or are they independent of each other?

It has to be set as shown. They are not independent.

1 Like

Thanks for your help! :grin:

No worries :slight_smile:

Is it necessary to set the play rate for both Play and Reverse, or are they independent?Is it necessary to set the play rate for both Play and Reverse, or are they independent?
regards: stickers printer