How to do a private beta on the epic game store?

Is there a tutorial or webpage I’m missing explaining it? Do I have to “publish” the game, as in use the self publishing tools, pay the $100, submit the game for review/approval? Basically we just want some of our partners and early community members to play a very early version of the game. Doing it through the Epic Game Store would, I hope, make the process more user friendly.
Would I use Player Groups to add players to the private beta? How do generate the access keys for users, so they can find the game in the Epic Game Store?

Hi VitalRoberto!

Thanks for your question! To start a private beta, you will need to start the process of setting up your product (Does not need to be published yet), but use of the self-publishing tool and the submission fee will need to be set up prior. You can read our “Getting Started” Overview which includes all the necessary steps and articles for getting started.

As for getting the private beta started, you’ll indeed want to create “Player Groups” to add them to the proper sandbox as well as the access keys. Additionally, your brand settings must first be approved.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach back out!