How to do a forward burst in mid air?

So I want to jump straight up with the spacebar, and then hold “W” in mid air, and then press spacebar again making the character burst forward a short distance (but only in air, not on the ground)

Like this maybe:

Image from Gyazo

Control the length of the dash inside the timeline by setting its length. Or override its rate.
Atm, it’s set up in such a way that you must hold Space while dashing.

Thats good, but not quite what I had
in mind.

I wouldn’t be here if I could read minds, would I now :slight_smile:

Treat the above as an example and build up on that or adjust it to your needs. You have a clear vision of what you want - which element in particular is giving you a headache? How far have you gotten?

Thats good, but not quite what I had in mind. Think more like Flappy Bird. Firstly, the spacebar needs to be tapped again and again to keep the character hovering in air manually against gravity (like double jumping but without the jump limits). Making each “Hover Jump” about a second or so. Holding spacebar should NOT just continue the jump. So, while the character is repeatedly being hovered using spacebar, holding W anytime during that “hover” should make the character burst forward like 6 ft or so with each press of the spacebar (starting from fast to slow). So the spacebar which was accelerating straight up before, will now accelerate forward if you kept holding down W (with maybe a tiny little upward momentum in the forward perhaps). Does that make sense?

Oh I wish haha, perhaps I shouldve communicated it better in the OP. Well simply put, I’ve managed to get the repeated jumping down by just increasing the jump max count on the character to 10000 lol. But now I don’t know how get the forward burst mechanism to work the way i described.

Oh and what did you use to the screen recording?

But now I don’t know how get the
forward burst mechanism to work the
way i described.

Did you try the timeline? It can be used to Add Movement Vector (in any direction) for X seconds.

Oh and what did you use to the screen
recording?

This nifty thing, the free version is limited to 7s or so.