How to do a camera animation/force move within blueprints

I cannot for the life of me find anything about doing camera animations from within a player blueprint. Im just using the default thirdpersoncharacter blueprint and I am trying to replicate things like this:

Im basically trying to get a camera to lock to certain position and do a small animation around a character who is doing an animation. I’ve tried many things with spawning cameras and trying to swap active cameras but none of it is really working or close to what I need. Im not really sure how I can approach this or what nodes I need to achieve this. I could probably figure out what to do if I knew the nodes that I need to use.

Logically it would make sense to spawn a camera and use a lerp or blend between cameras or create a camera actor with the animation baked in to it while you switch that to active until the animation is over but I cannot find any information about this anywhere and the unreal wiki stuff is far too verbose for me at this point. Theres a lot of camera tutorials but its mostly for switching between random actors or through a scene. I cant really find anything that pertains to using blueprints to play an animation around the character no matter where they are in the world.

1 Like

I found a video that might help. It’s not exactly what you want, but I’m sure a little tweaking will do the trick. This video is from Zahid Games.

1 Like

Thank you, it definitely gets me on the right track and confirmed my thinking about switching cameras so thats great. I’m getting closer to finding my own solutions but I tend to miss the finer details so watching someone do it helps so much. I think this will get me to where I need to be.