How to display Enum value in my HUD?

===Question===

• I would like to know how to print the Enum value in my HUD

===Current setup===

• get GameDate > get Array[1] = month > Tobyte(int) > Byte to Enum > Enum (month) > Enum to string > Totext(string) > Return value
  • UE 4.25

===Issue===

• but my HUD always shows JAN, doesn’t matter what is the input as the month.
  • Could anyone know how could I print out the value in my ENUM for this matter?

===Screenshots===

313385-enum-issue-02.png

Can you show us how you’re storing the date in “Game Date” array? I think you are always getting JAN, because GameDate[1] = 0 (from 2021).

Hi @EvilCleric, thank you for your reply.
I have tested to print the value in the array GameDate[1] and it does return me correct value as the clock continues.

I am also suspecting some how my “Literal enum month_name_enums” is not changing with my input.
I even manually created a variable[int] and linked to the enum but no change in the result.
Am I missing something for the Enum to change the result?

Please see the sample test as below:

313391-enum-issue-06.png

313392-enum-issue-07.png

Try this:

Wow, it worked like a charm!! thank you @EvilCleric!!

But is there any reason why the main part has to be removed?
I thought without the “Literal enum month_name_enums” I cannot even create the “byte to Enum” node, since that node was created automatically when I linked the “Tobyte” > “Liternal enum…”

updated comment I found I can create the node (byte to enum) manually, which was created automatically by the system when I linked the node between “Tobyte” and “Liternal enum month_name_enums”.
I guess in UE 4.25, I can totally discard the “Literal enum month_name_enums” from beginning?