How to disable right-click that force select on object?

Can anyone tell me how to turn off right-click select object?
I just want to only show a tool menus but not force select on object

If anyone confused what I said ,I just want to be like this

left-click = only select object
right-click = only display tool menus

3 Likes

I see this hasn’t been answered, but I would like to know the same thing. Namely, how can right clicking be the context menu of the selected object, not selecting another object under the cursor and then showing a context menu for this other one. Hope there’s an answer to this pet peeve.

2 Likes

bump for this. really annoying

2 Likes

Still a super annoying problem. I want to right click to move around my scene but too often it selects an object and I can’t move anywhere. Surely there’s got to be a fix for this? How are more people not having this happen or being annoyed by it? I’m on 4.27 so it looks like this problem has been around for while.

2 Likes

Bump for this again! SOOO annoying!

1 Like

I would also like an option to disable right click select. Bump!

1 Like

Christ sake,I have the same problem,when I see history of this topic,Loool…

1 Like

Please for the love of God and all that is holy. Or unholy. Whatever floats your boat.
Please, Epic!
NEVER want to select things with right-click. That should be reserved for camera navigation and context-sensitive menu

1 Like

Hi guys,

I hope my message can help you (and that I’ve understood what you want :sweat_smile: ).

To disable right-click selection, you can find the option “Orbit camera around selection” in the Editor Preferences, into “Viewport” tab.

If you check it, you should no longer be able to select with the right-click, but only show the tool menu.

I hope I’ve been able to help.