How to disable collision between PhAT bodies?

How to disable/enable self collision of PhAT from a blueprint? I want to disable it after one event happens, and enable it back after a while. I’ve found some collision response option in PhAT editor, but i can’t figure out how to set it from a blueprint.

Edit: Or maybe is there a possibility to even totally disable PhAT asset collision (not only self collision) for a moment, and then turn it back on?

Bump, still can’t figure it out :frowning: I’ve tried “Set Collision Enabled” to whole Mesh, but then physics simulation of PhAT doesn’t work…
I’ve also found “Disable Collision” in Constraint Mode, but it works only for two adjacent bodies :frowning: (so body of leftHand will not ignore collision with body of rightHand, etc.)

So… Maybe is there some way to achieve this via C++, if not possible in blueprints? A possibility to even totally disable/enable PhAT asset collision would be great…

I’m not sure what you’re asking but You could simply use set Collision Response to channel on the mesh using the physics assets. For instance setting physicsbody to ignore make is so it does not collide with itself and setting pawn to ignore makes it so the pawns pass right through it. In the event that you need other physics bodies to collide with it but not itself make a new object channel in Project settings > Collision. In the properties panel of the mesh in collision presets set preset to custom and set object type to your new channel and simple change it’s response to block or ignore on the new channel as needed.

It turned out that my problems don’t originate from self-colliding PHAT body and I can’t test these Collision Responses right now, but it seems like it will do the job in terms of disabling PHAT collision :slight_smile: Thanks! +1

Hi, Sorry this isn’t an answer but actually a question. I’m trying to re-enable the ability of the ragdoll phys assets of units in XCOM: War of the Chosen to collide with eachother. The game uses the unreal engine, and I was wondering if anyone would have any insight into how they might have gone about disabling those phys assets from colliding with eachother, and if there would be a particular type of code I should look out for regarding this? Or would this setting be configured within the PHAT, or the unit archetypes perhaps?

Thanks

To disable collision between indicated physical body pairs you need to create your own ContactModifyCallbackFactory derived from IContactModifyCallbackFactory and ContactModifyCallback derived from FContactModifyCallback.

Or just use my plugin