How to define a game scene for mobile devices?!

Well fog would be a good thing. I haven’t really worked on mobile games but check out level streaming. What that does is divide level in parts and you can load and unload them on runtime. That might be what youre looking for. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Also for grass, don’t use 3D grass probably. In a lot of places most of tress and grass are 2D xD. Check up on that. It’ll help with saving alot of polygons.

Hi everybody,

this title might be a little bit confusing, but my question is a little bit more complex.

I currently create a mobile game, but i need your tricks, tips and hints to continue the right way.

This game will be an open world game, but we all know that mobile devices have limitations.

500k triangles at the same time and 5 textures per material, right?

So lets cut the current scene into pieces.

Lets say we have 3 characters and 3 enemies, a landscape and some nature assets or probs.

I only worry about the landscape cause it can have so much triangles. What is the best way to handle this?
Shall i use Atmospheric Fog? Shall i adjust some culling options?
Also i would like to have more than 5 textures for my landscape. I would like to use Feature Level ES2, so that this game will also work on older devices. I only use base color textures prebaked, so that the material will look like it has normal, ao and so on.

Yeah, my main problem is landscape and my second is grass. how can i put in much grass without using millions of triangles for that?

So i think about the whole scene:

3 chars: 3x5k triangles
3 enemies: 3x5k triangles
probs: hmmm…maybe 50k
landscape: hmm…i dont know

yeah, so that are my first ideas how to start with. It would be cool, if anyone can push me the right direction.

Thanks in advance

raidfire.net