How to create procedurally generated planets?

Hi everyone.
I’ve been using unreal for a while and learned the material editor, blueprints, I also made some small test games, but now I would like to move to some more advanced stuff. In particular, I would like to learn how to create procedural generated planets and meshes voxelization, and I have no idea where to start. I read some nice posts in the forums, but I did not find any guide or paper. Do you know something good I could start with?
Thanks everybody!!

are you working in blueprint or c++? are these planets intended to visited by the player or just visual decoration?

if the planets are just for visual purpose like background then you could use a sphere mesh and then have a material do all the heavy lifting.

if your working in bp and you want the player to walk around the planet, from my experience accomplishing this is quite difficult to accomplish and even harder to do right.

you could probably accomplish your goals in c++ but i don’t know the language.

as for voxels, well i haven’t really worked with them so i couldn’t say.

as last note Sebastian Lague did a series on procedural planets. he works with unity but it may give you some ideas or help with code.

I’m not sure how to do voxels and I’m not an expert but you should take a look at this https://normalvector.com/tutorials/low_poly_world/building_the_globe/