How to Create PAK Files for Downloadable Content?

We are working on a project where the user will be able to download content as-desired for the application. This content will not exist in the initial download. From doing research, it looks like we want to use PAK files. And I’ve found lots of resources on how to load PAK files at runtime, allowing us to inject PAK files whenever we need (like this: Primer: Loading Content at Runtime)

However I cannot seem to find anywhere how to generate individual PAK files. I have found documentation on how to make PAK files when we make a build of the application - but we don’t want to build the ENTIRE application just to create one new PAK file to put on a server to allow it to be downloaded, we just want to generate the one PAK file.

My question is: How do we generate just one PAK file at a time when we only want to make a single piece of new content available?

1 Like

Is it just UNREALPAK.EXE?

Oh! I thought I had read that Epic stopped supporting UnrealPak? But you’re right it’s right there in the Win64 folder… HUH! Okay. I’ll give that a go then!

1 Like

Can PAK files be used for all types of downloadable content, such as images, videos, audio, or software? :eye:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.