Download

How To Create New Animation For Default Blue Character In Blender?

Thanks in advance guys. Just looking for some guidance on how to export and animate a new animation for the default blue character in Blender? I’m familiar with animating, just not how to get it out of UE4 and into blender (with skeleton), then how to get that back into Blender once I’m done.

Thanks again!

I too really really really would like a tutorial or some information on this! I’ve been trying to do this with the model that comes with ShooterGame. I’ve been able to export an animation to an FBX (by right clicking on it in the engine). Because Blender seems to have terrible .FBX support I used the Autodesk FBX Converter (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=22694909) to convert the FBX to a COLLADA DAE. I could then successfully import that into blender and create new animations on the bones. I then exported it back to a COLLADA DAE and then converted it back to a FBX with the Autodesk FBX Converter. Finally, I can import the animation into UE4 from the FBX file and “assign” it to the skeleton that had the animation I initially exported. However, the animation appears completely messed up in UE4 with vertices and limbs flying everywhere so somewhere there must be a conversion issue or something. I’m extremely new to animating so I don’t really know what I’m doing but a proper explanation of how to edit the included animations would be amazing.